Voted "Best Performance Nappy Range" by Mother & Baby

0

Your Basket is Empty

Sustainability worth shouting about!

January 28, 2021 1 min read

Sustainability worth shouting about!

A huge congratulations to David Linden for getting the extended Clause 10 included in the updated Environment Bill (26th Jan 2021). This is a huge step forward.

Clause 10 states that all nappy companies will need to publish the exact materials used within their production, honestly and clearly, so consumers can make more sustainable choices. It is a move we welcome most wholeheartedly.

There are still ‘eco’ nappies brands shouting about their plant based covers but failing to mention that this accounts for just 15% of the material; the other 85% being plastic. And companies out there still labelling oxo-biodegradable plastics as ‘biodegradable’. In Europe Amazon have already banned oxo-biodegradable plastics, but here in the UK, this practise is still allowed.

Mama Bamboo uses 100% bamboo fibre covers and 100% compostable liners and packaging. Yay!

We look forward to the future of clear, honest labelling.

In tandem, we have continued our work with UCL to establish a fully circular model for all true bioplastics and privately we have been working on an in-home composter which would allow users to create a sterile mulch to be added to the standard green bin garden waste within a few hours. Both models would allow users to compost up to 80% of their nappy waste and 100% of their wet wipe waste efficiently. 

Establishing this end-of-life model, alongside the already reduced crude oil and chemicals used as inputs, and the carbon reduction and offsetting practices we undertake, would make Mama Bamboo nappies and wipes one of the most sustainable solutions in the world.

And that is certainly something we’d like to shout about!



Also in Blog, Events & News

The only nappy brand to be Ethically Accredited by the Good Shopping Guide
The only nappy brand to be Ethically Accredited by the Good Shopping Guide

August 10, 2021 1 min read

Mama Bamboo have joined a small group of companies to have been certified as Ethically Accredited by the Good Shopping Guide. Mama Bamboo scored 92/100 points in the Guide's comparison of nappy brands, making us one of the highest rated brands available in the UK. 

GUEST BLOG: How yoga can help you during pregnancy
GUEST BLOG: How yoga can help you during pregnancy

August 09, 2021 2 min read

Yoga can help you during and after pregnancy as your body changes and your mental wellbeing requires strengthening. Abbie Harvey, founder of Lotus Heath, talks us through the benefits of yoga. Abbey has taught many pre and post natal clients her specialised yoga techniques and has experienced first hand the benefits having practiced yoga before, during and after having her own 2 children. 
GUEST BLOG: Summer Sleep for your Baby
GUEST BLOG: Summer Sleep for your Baby

July 06, 2021 4 min read

Sam Saunders, aka "The Baby Guru", has put together her ultimate guide to summer sleep for your little ones. Sam has worked with 1000’s families all over the world as a Gentle Parenting & Baby Coach, helping with all aspects of parenting.